- www.macarthur.virginia.edu – website of an independently funded US research group in the field
- www.wpanet.org – website of the World Psychiatric Association
- www.who.int/mental_health/en – World Health Organisation mental health section. For general information
- www.otago.ac.nz/law/staff/john_dawson.html – The webpage for ongoing research at this site in new Zealand
- www.waspsocialpsychiatry.com – The WASP website for general news in the broad field of social psychiatry
- http://www.psychiatry.ox.ac.uk/psychiatry/research/researchunits/socpsych – Department of Social Psychiatry at the University of Oxford, providing details of their latest activities and publications in this field (and other social psychiatry research)
- http://www.otago.ac.nz/law/otagoCTO/index.html – The Otago CTO Study is an inter-disciplinary research project involving researchers from the Faculty of Law, the Department of Psychological Medicine and the Department of Community and Family Studies, of the University of Otago, in Dunedin, New Zealand.
- . http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/cat/opcat/index.htm. Optional Protocol to the Convention against Torture (OPCAT) Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture
- http://www2.ohchr.org/english/law/cat-one.htm. Accessed 26th June 2012
Optional Protocol to the Convention against Torture and other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment.
The Swiss Society for Social psychiatry (multilingual site)
The networks main goal is to stimulate research activities and develop new knowledge on the use of coercion in Norwegian mental health care
The Mental Disability Advocacy Center (MDAC) is an international human rights organisation which advances the rights of children and adults with intellectual disabilities and psycho-social disabilities. MDAC uses law to promote equality and social inclusion through strategic litigation, advocacy, research and monitoring and capacity-building. MDAC operates at the global level as well as regional and domestic levels in Europe and Africa.